My Top 4 ShotGuns 2014

  • Remington Versa Max
  • Browning A5
  • Winchester Super X3
  • Benelli Legacy Sport

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Savage 220

This is a review of the savage 220 yaaaaaaa.
So where it all starts is the savage plant then the gun shop then you. That was my failed attempt at comedy. The savage 220 has one purpose unlike your regular shotgun and that is shoot slugs. The accuracy on this thing is amazing drives tacks at 220 yards. I guess thats a little better of a joke :). With the detachable box magazine you can shoot this like a rifle. At the price of $500 synthetic and $600 in APG camo it is hard to beat. The thing that I like best about this gun is the trigger. With the accutrigger you get a nice smooth crisp trigger pole. I have heard of ejection problems when you mount a scope on the weaver style scope base. This can easily be fixed with a elevated scope mount. 
I am excited with this shotgun at teh point it is at I would almost qualify this as a short range rifle. 
Sadly this can only be used for a few days a year. 
For that reason as a slug gun it is a 9/10 
But becasue this is on the rating on shotguns in general it would be a 3/10 because you can only shoot slugs and if you are like me you might have trouble hitting ducks with slugs :). 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, cool post. I’d like to write like this too – taking time and real hard work to make a great article… but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though.
    George Ashley

    ReplyDelete