My Top 4 ShotGuns 2014

  • Remington Versa Max
  • Browning A5
  • Winchester Super X3
  • Benelli Legacy Sport

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Turkey chokes

With American Thanksgiving just around the corner I through that it would be appropriate to talk about shotgun hunting and more specifically choke tubes. Some people beleve that your pattern doesn't have to be that great for turkey that is false. There is a very small kill zone also known as the head. Below I placed a description of all the standard chokes. What a turkey choke is. Is just a full choke that is tuned up for tighter patterns at further distances. In most of my guns I use a modified choke. I seems to work best for longer ranges even at the trap club. 
I have wanted a good choke tube for a while I have heard great things about the black cloud choke tubes. I heard that they will never wear down with black cloud ammunition. But other products (blind side ammo) don't pattern very well and don't really like the ammo for some reason I can't tell you why or how. Some of the older guy have told me that they have shot a cylinder chokes for as long as they can remember and have never had any problems. One person told me that if you can't hit anything with a cylinder don't even try using the choke tubes in your gun. Most of the new over under shotguns like the Ruger red label or the Stoger condor long fowler  now come equipped with improved cylinder in one barrel and modified in the other a modified choke. Of course you can always change this to any other form you want. So completely off track. Most turkey chokes that I use can put a pattern a 25 yards about 6 x 6 inch pattern on the turkey
 So I hope this little article helped you this week to put a yummy turkey on the table for this great national holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment